Teresa
How much sleep did you get? I did OK, 6 to 7 hrs a night...
by Teresa Gibbison - Monday, 27 May 2013, 9:13 AM

I don't know about anyone else but I got a normal amount of sleep during the conference (~6 to 7 hrs a night) but still managed to check out nearly 30 live sessions smile

How did others cope?
38 words
me in another life
Re: How much sleep did you get? I did OK, 6 to 7 hrs a night...
by Trish Pini - Monday, 27 May 2013, 12:28 PM

Hi Teresa,  I only got 3hr Thur,  5 hr Fri, 4 hr Sat, and I just caught an hour more to bring me up to 4.5hr for last night but then I was greedy and attended 44 session including the keynotes.  Got to learn to pace myself smile

48 words
Picture of Richard Oelmann
by Richard Oelmann - Monday, 27 May 2013, 7:08 PM

I got 4-5 hours each night, but then had my laptop 'confiscated' on Sunday for about 12 hours! I managed to make about 40 sessions live but have a few more I want to see on the replay recordings still :D

It's been another great iMoot - fantastic sessions, great contacts made and lots learned!

56 words
Jane
by Jane Lally - Monday, 27 May 2013, 10:15 PM

I went to bed at 3am each morning. Whilst I think I got to 22 sessions last year, it was more like 10 this year. Spent too much time hunting for badges.

32 words
Picture of Maureen Perkins
by Maureen Perkins - Tuesday, 28 May 2013, 4:45 AM

I did well this year because at the last one (my first)  I didnt realise ( yes I was that naiive) that it went on 24 hours a day <g> and I got really exhausted. So I planned carefully and generally slept between 1.30 and 6am and even managed a couple of power naps on the Saturday and Sunday. Now I have to catch up on the recorded sessions. But thanks to the motivation of the badges I also did a much better job of attending by reading the materials and resources BEFORE the session rather than planning to read them later.

104 words
Me at Land's End with iMoot T-Shirt
by Gareth J Barnard - Monday, 27 May 2013, 11:45 PM

Went to bed at 2:30 and got up at 9:30, been getting 6-7 hours sleep with some power naps. Perhaps next year need an automated Behat mini-me that simulates chat and asks challenging questions at the end.

Now the next challenge is to install Ubuntu on my Mother's laptop and harder still to educate her on it.

Then figure out how to perform base 2 binary array to base 36 conversion and back in PHP and JavaScript as Collapsed Topics only supports 52 sections with a double 32 bit signed integer and yet M2.3+ can have more. Then... figure out how to create Java J2EE programs that run on Tomcat and a few other things from iMoot smile

Cheers,

Gareth
125 words
Picture of Julian Ridden
by Julian Ridden - Tuesday, 28 May 2013, 7:12 AM

This is an odd time for me. the idea of sleep patterns go out the window. This year seemed to be 30 hours on, 6 hours sleep.

But that is largely self inflicted. The iMoot team had a roster wonderfully assembled giving everybody shifts on and off. I just choose to largely ignore it :P

How did I get through it! Excessive amounts of sugar and caffeine :D

Julian

69 words
Anthony Borrow, S.J.
by Anthony Borrow - Tuesday, 28 May 2013, 10:16 AM

Julian - Thanks for your heroic efforts and tremendous commitment to the iMoot. I was excited to see much more interest in Addons and even some presentations dedicated to specific ones like BigBlueButton and PoodLL. Fred Dixon and all of those helping to support the iMoot did a fantastic job of being available and responsive to issues when they came up. Peace - Anthony 

62 words
Me at Land's End with iMoot T-Shirt
by Gareth J Barnard - Tuesday, 28 May 2013, 6:43 PM

I second that smile
3 words