Picture of EDC Team
What sessions have you enjoyed the most and why
by EDC Team - Saturday, 25 May 2013, 8:00 AM

Saturday am and I’ve managed to attend heaps of the live sessions and watch recordings of past sessions. I still have a few more recordings to watch to get me up to date.....shux...so much to see and hear. Anyway, I have been impressed with most of the sessions. In the spirit of badges and awards I’d like to nominate some session presenters I have been impressed with so far.

Best webcam personality: Bas Brands Building with Bootstrap gets this for looking the best on webcam; happy, expressive and the best profile angle!  The whole presentation was great too!

Best Classroom Management: Justin Hunt. Justin gets this for his Poodll and YouTubeAnywhere presentations. This guy can master the chat questions, invite new discussion whilst managing his power points, managing screen sharing AND administering his website as people are using it all at the same time during a session. LEGEND!

Best winger: Julian Ridden for his stand-in for the Mozilla badges facilitator. Wow, if that’s winging it that’s impressive!

Best Presentator so far: Anthony Borrow. I could only watch the Moodle Addons recording of this session but it was easy to follow, informative and a well thought out presentation. 10 /10

What nominations and nominees would others suggest or recommend?

Regards,

Yvonne

217 words
Picture of Kim Salinas
Re: What sessions have you enjoyed the most and why
by Kim Salinas - Saturday, 25 May 2013, 9:21 AM

Most entertaining to Gavin Henrick with his Virtual Classroom presentation.....wrapping it up with a couple raps!! smile
17 words
Picture of EDC Team
by EDC Team - Saturday, 25 May 2013, 12:20 PM

I'll have to have a look at the recording then.

Was he singing again? A regular Irish Mozart lol!

20 words
Anthony Borrow, S.J.
by Anthony Borrow - Saturday, 25 May 2013, 11:54 AM

Thanks Yvonne! I am hoping that my Star Trek references in Moodle Addons: Adding Technological Distinctiveness to Moodle will earn me a Sci-Fi Geek wink I greatly enjoyed sharing some of Moodle's more popular plugins with the community in Playing with Moodle's Most Popular Plugins. I have one more live session of each presentation.  Feel free to pop in to either one of those to ask any questions you might have and/or to introduce yourself. Peace - Anthony Capt. Moodle

80 words
Picture of Jenny Tooby
by Jenny Tooby - Saturday, 25 May 2013, 1:36 PM

why there is no such thing as e-learning - thought provoking and motivated me to write on a forum - to be more active and get involved rather than watching anonymously.

30 words
Picture of John Iglar
by John Iglar - Saturday, 25 May 2013, 3:04 PM

So many good ones!

Big shout out to Vinny Stocker for actually modelling being a teacher. Learning objectives, time for reflection, think-pair-share AND a homework assignment! Pretty cool for a how-to session on roles.

37 words
Picture of Dot Waterhouse
Too many to count
by Dot Waterhouse - Saturday, 25 May 2013, 6:34 PM

I have enjoyed so many sessions yesterday and today - muttering away to myself as the household mills around me.

This has been so far one of the best conference for choices,  content and participant engagement that I have attended in ages.

I have just finished the Keynote 5 - Moodle, Open, and Business - trends and challenges and as I have moved from Education Department  (after 30 years) to business training, this was very exciting. More please!

Cheers

Dot

77 words
me in another life
by Trish Pini - Sunday, 26 May 2013, 8:06 AM

Hi I have watched 33 sessions so far.  Which one do I like best... all of them.  I say this because while some of them are more dry and not so sexy,  I love having them because they are the ones that help me understand Moodle so I can really enjoy the hands on ones.  I love the fact that over 5 days I can get development in all areas of Moodle that I have responsibility for (admin, teaching, future directions, plugins and other resources that work with Moodle), presented by world class experts in their fields.   Love them all smile

100 words
Picture of Maureen Perkins
by Maureen Perkins - Sunday, 26 May 2013, 8:12 AM

I have really enjoyed Julians sessions. Lots of information, at a high enough level to stretch my thinking but never felt completely out of depth or that I couldnt ask dumb questions. Great slides, great fun and great learning

Also loved Rebeccas and Soozies sessions for the same reasons. Excellent relaxed presentation styles, flet as if the information was adapting to the needs and interests of the group and lots of inspiring fun.

73 words