Picture of Rob Swain
No desktop video in prerecorded BBB sessions
by Rob Swain - Friday, 24 May 2013, 3:40 PM

Juggling work and it's hard for me to get to sessions at the time they are running, so I'm catching up on some via recordings.

I'm finding it frustrating that I can hear the presenter and see the chat but the visuals are missing. I just see the BBB start-up screen unchanged throughout.

I am using Chrome as recommended.

Is it true that BBB hasn't captured the desktop activity (eg: PowerPoint pres) and that all pres's are going to be captured as video manually later and made available then - seriously, this seems like a major misgiving of the BBB product that I'm sure I'm not the first to raise.

When will the "true" captured sessions (with shared desktop activity) be available?
How long will recorded sessions be kept for? Days, weeks, months?

-- Rob

141 words
Jens Gammelgaard
Re: No desktop video in prerecorded BBB sessions
by Jens Gammelgaard - Sunday, 26 May 2013, 9:04 PM

Rob,

Firefox is better to view the recordings.

Then recordings does not include the shared desktop activities. So don't wait for that. As far as I am informed it is simply not a part of the present version of BigBlueButton.

Good luck with the existing recordings.

Jens

48 words
Picture of Julian Ridden
Re: No desktop video in prerecorded BBB sessions
by Julian Ridden - Sunday, 26 May 2013, 10:07 PM

We have "captured" everything from every session delivered. This includes the desktop sharing. The issue is currently the time it takes BBB to generate them as stand alone files.

Please remember we have a Help Forum especially for these kinds of questions. In this case a full description of what to expect from iMoot recordings can be found in this useful post - http://2013.imoot.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=707#p2317

73 words