Picture of Kim Dhority
File Management in 2.4
by Kim Dhority - Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 2:58 AM

Any help with organizing course files in Moodle 2.4.

Picture of Gavin Henrick
Re: File Management in 2.4
by Gavin Henrick - Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 3:42 AM

What aspect of File management?

I have a mini-workshop which I can do on the overall aspects, but is there anything in particular that you are concerned about or want to know more about?

Picture of Kim Dhority
by Kim Dhority - Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 11:39 PM

We have been using 1.8 up to this point.  In 1.8 you had a file folder that you could see your files and organize them into folders etc.  Or if you were upload say a Capitivate file that you have to ZIP upload unzip and then choose the file.....how do you do that in 2.4. We have teachers that upload their grading keys to Moodle so they always have them with them that they can go in and open. Hope this makes sense...

moodlefairy
by Mary Cooch - Thursday, 23 May 2013, 1:33 AM

Hi Kim. Have a look at #4 here http://docs.moodle.org/24/en/File_resource_settings It migh help

I did a video which is a couple of years old but addresses some of thi issues in teacher file management from 1 to 2 here

moodlefairy
by Mary Cooch - Thursday, 23 May 2013, 1:34 AM

And sorry if my typing is a bit odd but the right half of the screen gets cut off so I can't see what I am typing smile

Lindy Klein - a happy imooter!
by Lindy Klein - Thursday, 23 May 2013, 4:42 AM

Hi Mary,

I've been toggling to full screen mode in the text editor to see what I'm typing  - hopefully it helps you too smile

All the best,

Lindy