Picture of Claire Browne
Session Recording
by Claire Browne - Tuesday, 21 May 2013, 7:47 PM

Hi,

Will the sessions be recorded to be able to play back at a later date?

Just encase I fall asleep through a session in the twlight hours.

Tim cuddling a koala
Re: Session Recording
by Tim Hunt - Tuesday, 21 May 2013, 10:24 PM

Yes. They have said that everything will be recorded.

Picture of EDC Team
by EDC Team - Thursday, 23 May 2013, 4:54 AM

Will the recordings be up within two hours of the presentation?

We were hoping to view the recordings of some earlier sessions about two hours afterwards so hopefully they will be on the ball with putting up the links?

Regards,

EDC @ EIT

Picture of Fred Dixon
by Fred Dixon - Thursday, 23 May 2013, 9:58 AM

Hi EDC Team,

The BigBlueButton system processes the recordings after

each session.  Give us a day or so to review the recordings.

In the BigBlueButton recordings, you won't see the desktop sharing.  

However, putting on my Blindside Networks hat, we're working on a proces to manually create video files from the recordings with desktop sharing.

We'll make the videos available to the iMoot organizers for their review.

Regards,... Fred

Picture of Gareth Compton
by Gareth Compton - Thursday, 23 May 2013, 11:22 PM

Hi,

That's a shame about the desktop not being shown in the initial recordings, I am not getting to watch any of these live, It is also great that you are working on a solution! Do you have a time frame? Just want to get my moodle fix!

Thank you

Gareth

Picture of Fred Dixon
by Fred Dixon - Friday, 24 May 2013, 2:53 AM

Hi Gareth,

No time frame at the moment -- you know how software development goes, whatever estimate you give, it's not going to be correct.

Look for an update from the iMoot organizers ... we'll make sure it's good enough for them first.

Regards,... Fred

old moodler
by Andrew Hawkins - Thursday, 23 May 2013, 11:39 PM

Hello

Just tried to watch a recording from late last night (our time) - session B-01.

Showed the questions/comments/chat but no sound, slides or desktops.

Please can you confirm that is what I should expect (at this stage)

Recordings without screen/desktop sharing will not mean a great deal  from what I have managed to catch of live sessions

</statement of obvious>

Looking forward to catching up with the others ...

thanks

Andy H

old moodler
by Andrew Hawkins - Friday, 24 May 2013, 12:01 AM

OK - this is now weird.

Checked the 'BBB Lounge' to ensure settings were OK (they had been working fine for a recent live session anyway - but just in case)

Started hearing what sounded like the sound for B-02 (what I wanted originally) - but only the standard BBB lounge test visuals - and I was the only one there. [Billy no-mates]

Went back to B-02 recording - this time nothing. No text or even intro saying I should test BBB.

Using Chrome browser if this makes a difference.

If there is to be a[n understandable] delay/review before publishing the recorded sessions is there any way to list those that are done instead of having to try each one and go through possible problems before giving up?

TIA

Andy H

old moodler
by Andrew Hawkins - Friday, 24 May 2013, 12:49 AM

Correction to second post - B-01 session

Will catch that shortly but hope to find out definitive word on recordings, if only to pin down if the problem is here or there.

thanks

Andy H

Picture of Shirley VerStraete
by Shirley VerStraete - Friday, 24 May 2013, 12:03 AM

Have tried listening to  2 Replays now and both times the sound isn't available until about 42:00 in the streaming timer (slide bar).

Downloading is extremely slow and I don't bother trying to listen until after the downloading (or streaming) reaches at least that point.

When I do begin to get audio it appears to actually be the beginning of the presentation!

So - don't know if the reason is that I have a very slow connection  - cricky - tho it's coming from Australia!

Sorry to all the Aussie attendees, that was a New Yorker's attempt at light heartedness.