@richardnz
Video and Audio
by Richard Jones - Saturday, 18 May 2013, 4:17 PM

Hi Vinny and all at Pukunui! Looking forward to the iMoot. I have some audio and video that I would like to present. Can I simply embed clips in PowerPoint or is there a better way? Thanks Richard
Picture of Fred Dixon
Re: Video and Audio
by Fred Dixon - Sunday, 19 May 2013, 6:24 AM

Hi Richard, BigBlueButton isn't able to support the playback of embedded video. Is your video available externally (YouTube)? If so, when you want users to see the video, you could paste a link to the video in the chat window and users could click the link to watch it. Regards,... Fred -- BigBlueButton Developer
@richardnz
by Richard Jones - Tuesday, 21 May 2013, 8:01 AM

Hi Fred

Thanks, how about audio?  I note that Slideshare has been recommended as a place to put presentations but it doesn't support audio.

I have some clips in some slides that I would like to play at particular points - any way to get them to the audience?

Will desktop sharing also take an audio feed?

Thanks

Richard 

Picture of Fred Dixon
by Fred Dixon - Tuesday, 21 May 2013, 10:14 AM

Hi Richard,

The desktop sharing does not share the audio -- just the desktop (region or full-screen).

If you have media to share -- video and/or audio -- the best approach is to make the media available externally via a URL and then, at the point in the presentation you want users to see the media, paste the URL in the chat.

We'll have sharing of audio/video in a future version of BigBlueButton.

Regards,... Fred 

Andrew Chambers
by Andrew Chambers - Tuesday, 21 May 2013, 11:46 AM

Thanks for confirming this. I was starting to wonder! BTW is there a way to trial the presentation and end user views at the same time (with the dummy rooms set up)? I need to double check my presentation looks OK. I have a 27" monitor and some software wont work for creating media due to the ultra high res. 

Picture of Fred Dixon
by Fred Dixon - Tuesday, 21 May 2013, 8:14 PM

Hi Andrew,

You can log into BigBlueButton from two different browsers.

Even though both your logins will be with the same

account, only one user logged in may be the presenter

so you'll see from the other login what everyone else will

see.

Regards,... Fred